Monday, January 12, 2009

Dark Side of the Street

(Sung to Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon")

The snow and ice stay on my grass
The snow and ice stay on my grass
I look across the street, theirs doesn't seem to last
My snow and ice don't melt so fast...

The snow and ice stay on my walk
The snow and ice stay on my walk
I'm just afraid someone will slip and hit the floor
That lawsuit I just can't afford.

And if I shovel and scrape like my neighbors do
But the sunlight never hits my house
I'm still out when the sun becomes the moon
Cause my snow and ice don't melt that soon.

My neighbor's driveway has no snow
He got it all away I know
I cannot seem to get the heavy ice to melt
Even with the shoveling pain I felt.

You try doing it yourself
To save some money
But hiring someone might be the key...

And if my husband starts the job but has no rock salt left
You shout to him, "Use more elbow grease!"
But even after both of you have failed to do the job
It's 'cause you're on the dark side of the street

And all of the flowers
That don't seem to bloom
And all of the plants
That wither too soon
And all of the snow and ice
That make you slip and slide
And all because your house location
Keeps the front shadowed outside
And all that you think is this winter weather you can't beat
It's living on the dark side of the street...

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww. Wherever you are it must be the sunny side of the street.

    ReplyDelete