Friday, June 19, 2009

Sinead O'Connor?

It's been 7 hours and that's about it
Since I buzzed my hair all off.
I go out wearing wigs but caps at home
Hope the kids get used to it...

Okay, enough trying to create lyrics to "Nothing Compares to You"...my hair started falling off slowing this morning, but I wasn't willing to have an emergency on Sunday in Bergen County, NJ, when no stores are even open to get a haircut, so I got the buzz cut today.

Not going to lie to you, I'm not happy about it. No offense to butch lesbians, but I really don't enjoy this haircut. I know, I know, it is going to grow back, but I'm still not happy about the process. Not ready to go out without some sort of head covering. Let's see how bold I am in 90 degree humidity, but I'll stick with this for now.

So, Godot has come and gone on my scalp. Let's see where else the hair will fall out. Dare I need the bikini wax yet or not? To be seen...Oh, and I still have eyebrows and lashes for now...and hair on my body...

I was told tonight that my aunt, who died of colo-rectal cancer tried to go through chemo twice, felt sick after the second treatment and stopped. I wonder if that would have saved her life. I mean, I've come this far, why would I stop now? I lost my hair, how much worse can I get??? Please, let's not answer that now!

No comments:

Post a Comment